VFT discouragment

From: Tim Malcolm (uj165@freenet.victoria.bc.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 10:08:39 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:08:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tim Malcolm <uj165@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT discouragment

I wonder how many people who have killed their impulse-bought VFT have
also killed every other houseplant they have ever purchased? As well, I
think that almost any plant put in a tiny pot with small plastic dome and
not watered or given sufficient light would also die.

I have read the FAQ in question and, while it raises some important
points, I'd like to see it a little less discouraging. My VFT, having
been repotted in a suitable pot and medium is growing like a weed in a
south facing window, without the benifit of even a terrarium. Granted,
its only been about 3 months, but I have a good feeling about it (and I'm
confident that with the great amount of knowlege represented in the
members of this list that I will be able to remedy any problems that may
arise :)

tim.

BTW - many thanks for help received so far.