Re:venus flytrap (fwd)

From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 07:58:49 PDT

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 97 08:58:49 cst
From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:venus flytrap (fwd)

>Second, it seems a little cynical to think that all CP offered in
>nurseries were stolen from the wild; with tissue culture techniques
>vastly improving, most CP offered at nurseries have never seen a bog
>for generations.

     When I read this, I had a rather amusing image pop into my head.
     Imagine, after reading the FAQ, hundreds (thousands?) of people all
     over the world, storming into their local Home Depot (or Lowes,
     Mammoth Discount, whatever) with their recently purchased VFT in hand,
     demanding a refund and begging the store to stop their immoral
     business practices. I can even imagine a picket line.

     It brought a smile to my face. Perhaps this part of the FAQ should be
     reworded a bit.

     Kind regards,

     Mark