RE: How to kill pests

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 06:43:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:43:00 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: How to kill pests

To: Multiple recipients of list

>I noticed this morning little green pests (about 1/2 mm long)
>on my D. Capensis flower stalks, then I looked all the others plants
>and realized they had spread all over the pot.
>I just got to my preferred CP shop and bought some insecticid, it =
>contains 0.25% pyrethroid. Is this insecticid is harmless for my
plants?

Hi Cyril

I used a pyrethroid spray on D. capensis seedlings and lost them all.
Experience keeps a dear school so I haven't forgotten. Most likely, all
drosera are sensitive to pryrethoids. I have used pyrethroids on
seedling Sarr and they seem to tolerate it ok. Although occassionally,
it may burn a few leaves, (probably from spraying too much), it doesn't
kill the plant.

David

David