RE: what's going on?

From: wOb (cyril.fournillon@inforoute.cgs.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 00:43:18 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:43:18 +0200
From: wOb <cyril.fournillon@inforoute.cgs.fr>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: what's going on?

Stuart Haxton[SMTP:stuart@haxton.demon.co.uk] wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I know it can be annoying when someone posts a non-cp
> topic,(so sorry about this one) but this MAY be important.
> Occasionally when I recieve a listserv digest, there is a message with
> *no* subject...address...to...from...?? and no signature...in fact, just
> a message as follows in with all the other postings:
>
> Hi! I'm a signature virus (mutant version), copy me to your .signature
> file to join in.

Dear Stuart and all,
I am responsible for this.... I apologize for worrying you, this little piece
of text is part of my .signature file....It is not a *real* virus as you actually
need to copy it to your .sig.
but if we all copy it to our .sigs, it will spread over the Internet and gain
the name of virus :)
No worry, let me know if you want me to remove it from my postings.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Sincerely
Cyril Fournillon
Drop me a message: cyril.fournillon@inforoute.cgs.fr