VFT types

From: The Scotts (jrscott@gte.net)
Date: Sat Aug 09 1997 - 12:24:53 PDT

Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 12:24:53 -0700
From: The Scotts <jrscott@gte.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT types

Hello all:

I have have a VFT I purchased from a nursery. The stalks and traps are
narrow.

Several area Meijer stores have received shipments of VFTs. The stalks
and especially the traps are wider, although still only a few inches
tall.

Can someone give me an idea of technical differences. I obtained my
current VFT about a couple months ago, and it still lives. I placed it
in a small glass fish bowl type container in peat. I just bought some
sand to mix in with it. Each day is a record for me on keeping a VFT
alive. I also like the larger one I just found, and wondered if there is
much difference besides the sizes.

Thanks

Rick Scott