Royal Red Patent

From: Collecters Corner (tomk@peninsula.starway.net.au)
Date: Sun Aug 03 1997 - 05:46:47 PDT

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:46:47 +1000
From: Collecters Corner <tomk@peninsula.starway.net.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Royal Red Patent

Re Wim Leys question of propagation
The Patent protects the Grantee (Owner) from any commercial propagation by
other growers with consent from him .
This doesnt restrict growers from propagating it for their own interest .
It doesnot restrict distribution so long as it is not commercially resold.
You may give away propagations and in theory exchange them so long as no
renumeration is required or expected .
I question the validity of this patent. Numerous inconsistancies in
documentation occured as well as poor supervision by the patent office
allowed what I believe is a serious mistake to occur .
I am still in the process of attempting to reverse this patent .
I am doing this as a matter of principle .
Regards Tom Kapitany

tomk