Pesticide vs. organic

From: Mike (mpm7347@acs.tamu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 01 1997 - 11:37:32 PDT

Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 11:37:32 -0700
From: Mike <mpm7347@acs.tamu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pesticide vs. organic

I was wondering.. does anybody have any mint plants growing near their
CP's? Mints often deter insects from munching on nearby plants..

There are many others as well.. but I feel it is important to carry
over some of the 'companion planting' techniques used by many organic
vegetable gardeners..... CP's don't particularly like Pesticides..
even though they SEEM not to mind it...

also... if you do much searching on the web for Hazard and Pesticide

you will find some startling info regarding Pesticides..

Did you know that 10,400 people die each year due to cancer related
to pesticides..? and many other harsh facts exist also..

I understand that the small amounts we may use are rather miniscule,
yet even just to do it for the plants' sake.

I myself have used Pesticides before on my CP's, but I also have
some herbs and other plants which often deter insects...

I think I will try to examine this idea and apply it..

If anyone would like info regarding companion plants.. and which deter
which insects just let me know...

Mike

$.02