Re: Info on Drosera species

From: Davin George (biopcs@shell.iconz.co.nz)
Date: Wed Jul 30 1997 - 19:57:24 PDT

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:57:24 +1200 (NZST)
From: Davin George <biopcs@shell.iconz.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Info on Drosera species

Hi Guys,

> >Drosera sp. botswana,
> >Drosera sp. malowii
> >Drosera spatulata "Coramandel".
>
> mistyping of "Malawi", a southwestern African country. As for the 3rd, the
> Coromandels (ask the kiwis for the correct speeling) are some mountains near
> Auckland, New Zealand, I think e and SE of the city.

Just a quick response in regards to the 3rd - the coromandels. The
coromandel is actually a peninsula about 150km SE of Auckland City. The
closest city for finding the Coromandel Peninsula is Thames which is
pretty much a part of it. Here in NZ its know for its green stuff and I
don't mean plants as it were - Marijuana specifically. Has some great
flora and fauna though and definitely an area worth visiting

Davin