VFT flowering and traps

From: Patrick Cox (pcox@es.nsac.ns.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 30 1997 - 08:24:19 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:24:19 AST
From: "Patrick Cox" <pcox@es.nsac.ns.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT flowering and traps

My VFT had a bad winter (got a little to dry).

When it finally came back to lifeit produced two traps and then two
flower spathes. The first trap caught something but a few days later I
noticed that the trap had gone missing (either nibbled off or someone
yanking it off). The second trap is now mature enough to trap. The
flower bud are ready to open, and as since they appeared there has been
no other traps growing. Is this normal for no traps to grow while it
is flowering. Or am I in trouble.

I had a VFT a number of years ago that flowered every year and had a
lot of traps but I don't remember if traps grew while it was flowering.

Comments freely welcome.

TTYL, ''' Information Technology
Patrick Cox (o o) The Resources Corporate Services Unit
Interactive:(902)893-6233