Terrarium

From: Matt (drake@erols.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 08:23:17 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:23:17 +0000
From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Terrarium

I am building a terrarium. The dimensions I am planning are around 5
ft tall with a 60 gallon tank at the lower portion. The tank is
actually going to contain fish of some sort (I want pirannahs-hehe).
The upper part of the terrarium I am going to build with glass or more
likely plexiglass, and will contain CP of various varities. The
terrarium will also probably have chameleons and/or other small
reptiles.
The problem is that because of the activity in the terrarium, it will
be difficult to feed the CP like I do now (I've fed them flies in the
past, then pet store crickets, and now waxworms). I need to find some
sort of insects to populate the terrarium with. Flies obviously won't
work because of maggots, and crickets won't work because they aren't
attracted to the traps and because they might make me take destroy the
terrarium if they started chirping all the time. Can anybody recommed
any insects that are large enough to not be able to get out of the
screening on the top of the terrarium, and that will be naturally
attracted to the traps?