Re: :Discovery Mag./Bog corpses

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 12:59:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 18 Jul 97 15:59 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: :Discovery Mag./Bog corpses

> Has anybody seen the latest Discovery Magazine?
>
> It has interesting article on some corpses that are being exhumed from
> some bogs in Europe.. (I didn't get the exact location however..)
>
> Does anybody know where this is taking place, and if the people in
> charge are taking care not to disturb the 'living' creatures there
> whether animals or cp's?

Hi Mike,

   Actaully they do say "where" the bodies are coming from. The bogs
where the mummies have been found (they have been collected for the
last couple hundred years, as per the article) are bogs that are
being mined. After the peat is mined, there isn't much bog left so
I'm not sure "where" they are, but they *were* in Europe. (they did
mention Germany and Ireland though)

Dave Evans