Nepenthes: lowland / highland?

From: Tim Williams (Tim@jint.jasco.co.jp)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 19:04:14 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 03:04:14 +0100
From: Tim Williams <Tim@jint.jasco.co.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes: lowland / highland?

Hi CP people,

Can anyone recommend a web site or other source of information where I
can find out the optimum growing conditions for various nepenthes-
basically whether a given plant is highland or lowland in it's climate
requirements, and maybe the yearly temperature and humidity regimes. Not
too technical of course!

Currently I treat all my nepenthes (with the exception of my
"ultra-hardy" Japanese hybrid) equal, in terms of temperature, light and
humidity (high, high and as high as possible!), and whilst they all grow
and produce pitchers I am sure that individual plants would respond to
more sympathetic treatment!

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Tim Williams, Tokyo Japan.