Pygmies

From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 15:07:03 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:07:03 -0700
From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pygmies

     Hi List

     I have a question I hope some of you can answer.

     I received seed from the British CPS that stated it was Pygmaea and
     Sp. Beermullah mix.

     From these seeds (sown in April this year), 1 solitary plant emerged
     (conditions - full sunlight, temp max 28C during day, temp min 10C
     during night - 50-60% humidity).

     My question is this - What will happen to this plant when the winter
     comes - I understand that the dormancy period is supposed to be the
     summer in it's native habitat, and then starts to grow again in the
     cooler months. Will the plant simply maintain it's current growth
     rate until next summer (when presumably it should go into it's resting
     stage) or will it just bite the dust.

     The (tiny) plant is a rosette with deep vermillion leaves, and it has
     forced up the tiniest of flowers! (1mm) - does this description sound
     like Beermullah sp. or Pygmaea.

     Thanks to anyone that can help

     Leigh