Nomenclatural inquiries

From: Laurent Legendre (laurent.legendre@univ-reims.fr)
Date: Tue Jul 15 1997 - 02:59:12 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:59:12 +0100
From: Laurent Legendre <laurent.legendre@univ-reims.fr>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nomenclatural inquiries

Hi CPer's,

I'm a new member of the CP mailing list but have been growing CP's for
about 15 years. My personal collection focusses on Pinguicula species and
I develop small research activities on various scientific matters related
to CP's.

Well, after following with great interest the recent discussion on the
naming of CP clones, can anyone give me insight into the exact differences
leading to the naming of a plant as a subspecies, a variety, a cultivar, a
form or just a clone. I may have to apply this information very soon to
name a butterwort naturally growing close to the city of Reims in France
and which presents small taxonomic differences with P. vulgaris.

Thanks,

Laurent Legendre