Warning! non-cp question!

From: Anders Espef\dlt (v3andesp@ulmo.stud.slu.se)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 09:50:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 18:50:08 +0200
From: v3andesp@ulmo.stud.slu.se (Anders Espef\dlt)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Warning! non-cp question!

Hello everybody! First I should warn those who get offended by non-CP
material, do not read the following!

  Second! The reason I choose this forum to ask is that Ive seen that there
is a lot of multi-competent people here and I desperately need advice.
  You see I have this badger (small carnivore) that I found freshly killed
by a vehicle (not-mine, really!) and I could not resist to pick it up and
put it in the fridge (+5 C).
   The question is: How do I tan the hide. I know that if i put a lot of
salt on the hide and dry it, it will be preserved. But then it will be dry
and hard. In that state it perhaps would be fit to hang on the wall BUT how
do I do to make t a soft fur. I know that chromic compunds and tannic acid
cold be used but not how to do.
   I work in a laboratory and we have a big, old jar of tannic acid that I
could use if only I knew how. I also can order the other chemicals needed
(if any).

    Please answer if you know anything!
   Email: v3andesp@ulmo.stud.slu.se (or look above)

         Thank you!!