: Planting Medium Component

From: Becky (r.five.m@communityonline.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 11:06:44 PDT

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:06:44 -0700
From: Becky <r.five.m@communityonline.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: : Planting Medium Component

Play sand is really OK to use. Among other things, it is sterilized. If
there is any lime in it, the pH of the peat should take care of it.
Because of a house project I put my CP's outside this summer and have
been spraying them down with a hose. Everything is doing beautifully
including a Nepenthes that was reluctant to pitcher in the house.
Perhaps we are all being a tad too fussy. I may change my tune later on
in the summer as our local water pH spikes up in the heat and according
to all our local flora, this summer should be worse than last.
Hey! Did any of you see the A.P. article on Peter d'Amato?
Becky
\r