More ICPS Membership info

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 15:05:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:05:00 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: More ICPS Membership info

HI, Folks! I am responding to an old message that I just saw (sorry!) ...

>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 11:51:21 PST
>From: "Andrew_Short" <shorta@vanaqua.org>
>To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
>Subject: ICPS membership
>
>Sorry to flog a dead horse, but...
>I sent my ICPS membership form, along with the $, on Feb. 14/97. That
>is nearly 4 MONTHS AGO! I don't know if it has been received or not.
> I can only assume that it has, as a friend of mine sent his
>subscription the same week, and has also not received anything.
>Again sorry for the post, but I had to vent.
>
>Thanks,
>Andrew Short

For everyone's info, this is my first year as Secretary/Treasurer of the
ICPS. It has been quite an experience jumping in and trying to fill the
shoes of Kevin Snively, the "World's Greatest" S/T for the last few years!

It has taken some time for me to get the "gist" of how things have been
working and why Kevin had poiunted out so many things that needed to be
changed....!

Although this is not the normal vehicle for this, Please let me share
some facts with you (if you are not a member of the ICPS, please file
this away somewhere in case you decide to join us ...):

1) All memberships are on a calendar year basis. That means that all
memberships must be renewed by January 1 of the new year. (Your
membership will include all issues of the CPN for that year.)

2) In order to receive the current issue of CPN when it is originally
mailed, your renewal request must be received (by me) no later than the
following dates: Jan. 15 for the March issue, April 15 for the June
issue, July 15 for the September issue and October 15 for the December
issue. If your renewal is not received in time to be processed by the
required date, your "catch-up" copy(s) of the CPN that you missed will be
mailed to you in July (for the March/June issues), December (for the
September issue) and March (following year - for the December issue).

*** SPECIAL NOTE TO NON-USA/CANADA MEMBERS: Please be aware that your
renewal/application may be held up if you do not remit your dues in US
dollars (cash), an International Money Order (except Spain) or a
personal/company check drawn on a US-based bank.

3) Because of the large number of membership applications/renewals that
are processed each year (and the very small number of people handling
them - me & my oldest daughter!), at this time I am unable to issue
receipts for renewals. (Your cancelled check is your best receipt.) If
you send cash or a Money order, and really need a receipt, please let me
know - I will do my best to send you one. If your check has not been
cashed by now, and you sent it in during the first 3 months of this year,
please get in touch with me ASAP.

4) If you sent in your renewal to any address other than my home address,
please be aware that it could take up to 6 weeks for me to receive your
renewal request for processing.

If you need to get in touch with me, please use one of the following and
NOT this list:

My email address is: kenc@salinas.net.

My snail mail address is: 339 E. Romie Lane, Salinas, CA 93901-3129.

My home phone number is: (408) 783-1103 (after 6pm, M-F & after 11am on
weekends, PST).

I sincerely apologize for the difficulties some have been having in
getting in touch with me. Let me assure you it wasn't intentional! We
moved right after I took office, and my email address has changed twice
since then as well. Hopefully, everything is settled down now and I can
get things rolling a little smoother.

Thanks for your patience & understanding!

Ken Cusson, Secretary/Treasurer
INT. CARNIVOROUS PLANT SOCIETY

------- End of Forwarded Message