ICPS membership info

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 14:14:39 PDT

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:14:39 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ICPS membership info

Thank you for your inquiry concerning membership (we do not sell
subscriptions) in ICPS! To expedite an answer to you, I have tried to
answer the majority of inquiries with this automatic response -
hopefully, your question is answered below:

All memberships are on a calendar year basis. That means that all
memberships must be renewed by January 1 of the new year. (Your
membership will include all issues of the CPN for that year.)

SPECIAL NOTE TO NON-USA/CANADA MEMBERS: Please be aware that your
renewal/application may be held up if you do not remit your dues in US
dollars (cash), an International Money Order (except Spain) or a
personal/company check drawn on a US-based bank.

In order to receive the current issue of CPN when it is originally
mailed, your renewal request must be received (by me) no later than the
following dates: Jan. 15 for the March issue, April 15 for the June
issue, July 15 for the September issue and October 15 for the December
issue. If your renewal is not received in time to be processed by the
required date, your "catch-up" copy(s) of the CPN that you missed will be
mailed to you in July (for the March/June issues), December (for the
September issue) and March (following year - for the December issue).

Because of the large number of membership applications/renewals that are
processed each year and the very small number of people handling them!),
at this time I am unable to issue receipts for renewals. (Your cancelled
check is your best receipt.) If you send cash or a Money order, and
really need a receipt, please let me know - I will do my best to send you
a receipt.

If you sent in your renewal to any address other than the address listed
in the current CPN, please be aware that it could take up to 6 weeks for
me to receive your renewal for processing.

Finally, if I receive your renewal/application on or after September 1,
your renewal/application will be effective as of January 1 of the
following year.

If your question has not been answered by this automatic response, please
write to me again using the phrase "HELP AGAIN!" in your subject line.
That will by-pass this automatic response and go straight to my attention.

If you need an immediate answer, please call me at (408) 783-1103 after
6:00pm PST or you can FAX me at (408) 484-9218 (weekdays only - please
PROMINENTLY include: "ATTN: Ken Cusson" on the FAX cover sheet). Thanks
for your patience (and for allowing me time to enjoy my plants, my family
& my "daytime" job, as well!)!!

Kindest Regards - Keep Growing!

* Get revenge on that mosquito ... grow CP!! *

Ken Cusson, Secretary/Treasurer
THE INTERNATIONAL CARNIVOROUS PLANT SOCIETY
339 E. Romie Lane, Salinas, CA 93901-3129,USA
(408)783-1103 (after 6:00PM-PST)