Indian cps

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 11:27:42 PDT

Date:          Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:27:42
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Indian cps

Dear Adwait, Gilles, et al.,

> I can't tellyou where these grow in India, as I do not master its geography,
> but a lot of these have locations in Karnataka, Tamil nadu; Kerala..
> Hope his may help...although there are lots of interesting species which may
> not be easy to recognize one from another...

Additionally, you may ask Dr Janarthanam who is (I think so, at
least) listening here.

His email address: <jana@aditya.unigoa.ernet.in>

Two Indian species (both from Kerala) have been described *after*
Taylor's monograph, and Taylor has not commented on their status yet:
_U. malabarica_ and _U. subramanii_.

The _Drosera_ spp. are widespread and boring, and _N. khasiana_ is
(as you stated) not within the reach of your trip.

Bon voyage!
Jan