Re: Feeding Pings

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@umich.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 15 1997 - 08:56:31 PDT

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 10:56:31 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@umich.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Feeding Pings

> What kind of experiences have people had with leaf firtilizing Pings?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Christoph

I'm currently experimenting with non-fat powdered milk on Pinguicula
moranensis. My reasoning was that the non-fat milk is mostly protein,
and that the extra calcium might be good for a plant that grows
associated with limestone. I don't know if it is doing any good, but
it's definitely not doing any harm. The leaves produce lots of
digestive fluids, and the powdered milk vanishes in about a day.

cheers,
       Nick

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@umich.edu