Re: D. sp. Magaliesberg again

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 08:01:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:01:41 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D. sp. Magaliesberg again

Hi Dave and Eric,

I'll let the list know what the seedlings are like. Does anyone know about
the flower structure of this plant? Mine has flower buds, yet I haven't
seen any petals sticking out, nor have I seen it bloom. Furthermore, it
seems that the buds are beginning to die, as they do on other droseras
once they've been fertilized. A while back I thought I read (maybe from
one of Jan's posts) that some drosera species don't actually bloom yet
produce seeds, and I am wondering if D. sp. Magaliesberg falls in that
category. Any comments would be appreciated.

Paul Burkhardt