Re:Slide Scanner

From: ss66428 (ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 20:14:28 PDT

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:14:28 +0900 (JST)
From: ss66428 <ss66428@hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Slide Scanner

To Craig and all,

>I just got a catalog from a place called Software Direct and they have an
>Artec scanrom 4E for $159.99 it will scan photos up to 4" x 6" and slides
>without a transparency kit! Transparency adapters for most scanners start
>at about $300 and up I don\222t know well it works but for people who have
>a lot of slides it could be a great deal. The number for Software Direct
>is 1-800-753-7877 if anyone gets one I would be interested in how well it
>works.

        I would really like to hear any more information on this if anybody
has it! I have lots of slides I would like to scan and the above price seems
very good to me for a slide scanner. I had no idea they had become so cheap
already. I'm just wondering how good it really is. I'm also wondering how big
it is and how expensive it would be to ship to Japan. Or maybe they even have
them around here for a decent price!
        Thanks for bringing this up Craig! I, like many others, often enjoy
"off topic" messages to the listserv.

Best wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan