Fungus flies

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 11:25:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 14:25:13 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fungus flies

        Last friday I watched a TV program on gardening. They said that
there was a mite that lived in the hedgerows. This mite fed on the larva =
of
the fungus fly. A firm had bred these mites and were selling them. They
were in a carton attached to pellets. The pellets were sprinkled on to th=
pots. If the fungus flies are not there then the mites can live for upto
six weeks before giving up.
        I have found that the small sundews controls the fungus fly well
enough for me.

        Jim Tovee