Cephalotus

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 12:46:36 PDT

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 15:46:36 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus

        I have a small cephalotus that has a flower stalk developing. I
assume that it will have to be pollinated as with VFT. I would like advic=
on what to do with the seeds. =

Should they be sown as soon as they are ripe or stored until the spring?
If stored what would be the best conditions ?

        I plan on sowing onto equal parts of sand and peat and finely cov=
er
with live spaghnum moss. When potting on any seedlings, the compost would=

be 1 part perlite, 1 part sand, 2 parts peat and 2 parts pine needles. If=
can find some or it will have to be substituted by more peat.
        I would appreciate any advice on how to get the best results.

        Jim Tovee