hello everyone!

From: Ramsay Haxton (Ramsay@haxton.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 10:01:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 18:01:31 +0100
From: Ramsay Haxton <Ramsay@haxton.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: hello everyone!

Hello...I just joined the CP discussion group!
I'm 14 years old and about to try N.alata from seed. I am wondering
whether a heated propagator on a warm west-facing windowsill above a
radiator is enough to meet the high temperatures supposedly needed for
germination. Also I would like to try 'training' these (possible)
seedlings to live in a conservatory environment, a windowsill
environment and in a tiny terrarium in the same situation as the
propagator. (And I mean tiny...it's about 18 inches long, 14 inches high
and maybe 8 inches wide.. the plant should get a good start though,
until it's moved into a larger home!)
If anyone has some brief tips on the germination or the aftercare of
these plants eg. growing medium, control of overwhelmingly rapid growth
:), I'd be very grateful!

P.S. I have just discovered a very large colony of scale insects on my
Cephalotus.How do I fix this? I have tried the cotton wool pushoff
method several times but to no avail. Any suggestions?(Not urgent...the
plant looks sickly, but has been stable for the past month.)

thanks,

--
Stuart Haxton