Re: Nepenthes maxima

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 01:27:36 PDT

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 08:27:36 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes maxima

On 29 May 97 at 8:48, Frank Wolpert wrote:

> I have found that although it is a highland species,N.maxima prefers
> higher temperatures than most other highland species.
>
> I grow mine on a bathroom windowsill(alongside lowland Nepenthes)
> where it seems to do well with the additional warmth and steam.
>
> Frank Wolpert

N. maxima is extremely widespread on the islands where it grows. It
occupies all different habitats. There are forms which are indeed
"highlanders".

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html