CP in NJ...

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Sat May 31 1997 - 14:11:41 PDT

Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 17:11:41 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP in NJ...

>From: dave evans
>Hello,

>It doesn't sound perfect, but that sound much more like D.capillaris.
>D.spatulata, D.montana and a couple others come to mind as well.
>Most likely to be D.cap., but you will not be albe to make a 100%
>ID without first seeing inside the flowers.

Yeah... definitely a capillaris. Petiole is two narrow for the
spathulata. Not familiar with montana. Good news is that the flowers
are now zooming (under the Klima-gro lights) upwards. What should I
look for inside the flowers? Also, anyone ever cross a d. adelae and a
d. capillaris?

>VFT came out of dormancy.
Actually, this VFT was never given a standard dormancy. The main
problem was that it was watered with tap water (Which should never, ever
be done with VFTs... ever!) and it began to die. I really had no
intention of transplanting it to the KGro, but I thought, eh... why
not? Glad I did. I also noticed that the VFT transplanted from the CP
Condo to the KGro is beginning to exhibit reddening in its traps! That
was a big surprise. (They are a yellowish pink.) Not deep red like in
greenhouses, but still...

>And so has the Ping. It may flower soon. :) In winter, most Pings
>(most other plants too) change their leaves. It's drier and without
>more protection, they would die.

Except that the ping already made attempts (in the Condo) at flowering
several times, all failed. If it was in fact, dormant, it was extremely
active in its dormant stage. :) It nearly doubled in size during that
time.

Cheers,
Paul

--