Re: Hello

From: Heather Frederick (flytrap@ihug.co.nz)
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 16:28:01 PDT

Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:28:01 +1200 (NZST)
From: Heather Frederick <flytrap@ihug.co.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Hello

Hi everyone

I have been lurking, not so quietly, for a while now so I guess it's time I
introduced myself properly.

I have been growing CPs for about 14 years and my favourites are the pitcher
plants.

I live in Auckland, New Zealand so I am able to grow Sarracenia, Cephalotus,
Darlingtonia and Heliamphora outside year round. They are in shelters made
of shade cloth, mainly to keep out birds, neighbours dogs, etc. They
shadecloth is double thickness for the Heliamphora and Darlingtonia. I also
have a couple of Neps outside year round (fusca and inermis)

Most of my Neps are under glass. A small unheated house for the highlanders
and an even smaller heated area alongside our basement garage for the
lowlanders.

I really, really like Sarra hybrids and have quite a few.

Toodles
Heather in New Zealand
Heather Frederick
flytrap@ihug.co.nz