Heliamphora Heterodoxa

From: kamikaze (011114@hillstrath.on.ca)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 13:52:53 PDT

Date:          Wed, 21 May 1997 16:52:53 -0400
From: "kamikaze" <011114@hillstrath.on.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Heliamphora Heterodoxa

Dear List,

I have a H. heterodoxa here that was planted in 1992...its 5 years
old and it still steadfastly refuses to produce adult pitchers. Any
suggestions from anyone? Should have matured by now. I have the same
problem with my S. purpurea ssp. purpurea. The plant is producing
large pitchers (4.5" tall and 2" wide) and since it was just donated
to me by a friend (got it in a nursery somewhere and gave it to me as
a gift), I have no clue how old it is. Since the plant is producing
mature pitchers, I am assuming that it is of flowering age. But it
hasn't flowered yet...are S. purpureas late or early bloomers? Any
chance that I can see the beautiful flowers this year?

Oh also, I was just wondering wether hybrids of Heliamphora exist?
It just struck me that throughout all the books that I have read,
there have been hybrids of everything.....but none that I can recall
of Heliamphora.

thanks a lot all,

Adwait Kulkarni