Re: spam Ecology book

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 20:12:26 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 20:12:26 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: spam Ecology book

Peter Cole wrote:

> Postage paid by: [Image]

> > From: KingFsher@aol.com
> > Subject: The one book that every serious ecologist needs to read!!!
> >
> > The one book that every serious ecologist needs to read!!!
> >
> > Deeper Ecology: Essays on Ecological Spirituality
> ...and so on
>
> Am I the only person getting a bit bleeped off with this totally
> off-topic spamvert appearing at regularly decreasing intervals on
> this list?

 No, obviously your aren't. I study ecology, and I think the stuff this
guy is trying to sell is garbage.

 Anyway, I know this is off topic, but a few weeks ago I found a little
program called "Spam Hater" on the web. I am in no way affiliated with
them, but this program has so far been *very* handy. Its totally free as
well. They don't even ask for a registration fee.

 Anyway, if you receive a spam it examines it, and even the spammer has
tried
to hide the orginal From address, it still finds it! It then enables you
to reply to the original spammer, and ask them to stop sending
you their rubbish. Of course, that rarely works, so you can send them
anything you so desire! :-)

 the Spam hater URL is:

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~net-services/

Sorry again for being off topic.

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !