Still in touch - just!

From: PTemple001@aol.com
Date: Fri May 16 1997 - 15:35:13 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 18:35:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: PTemple001@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Still in touch - just!

One small item of not very CP news but maybe important to people who think I
know them!!!

First, my wonderful email service - AOL - just surprised me. Unlike other
mailboxes I've used, AOL's is a teensie weensie bit over-sensitive to errors.
 A single corruption in any mail in the mailbox (it wasn't my fault I
received a corrupted mail) and the ENTIRE mailbox contents can become
inaccessible to the email system. AOL actually told me that it's a bad idea
to store too many mails in a mailbox. So AOL, where exactly does AOL expect
a user to store valued mail? On paper?!!!!! Gee thanks AOL. Guess what - I
just lost every mail I had from everyone! Including those I hadn't yet
answered. Including all the snail mail addresses I had for people.

In trying to correct the problem it looks like I lost all my WEB favourites
as well, but I guess a few searches will remedy that.

So, if you don't personally hear from me and thought you would, I'd try
sending me a mail so I can be reminded of who you are!!!! (That's the
purpose of this mail. See, it really is slightly CP related as I'd like to
keep in touch with people.)

Message about my sponsor - THIS ADVERT FOR AOL WAS TOTALLY UNSOLICITED BY
THEM AND REFLECTS ONLY THE AUTHOR'S OWN VIEWS THAT THEIR EMAIL PRODUCT IS A
SERIOUS THREAT TO VALUED EMAIL. Talk about a design fault!!!

Regards

Paul