Re: VFT Culture

From: John H. Phillips III (phillips@library.ucsf.edu)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 12:57:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:57:45 -0700
From: "John H. Phillips III" <phillips@library.ucsf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT Culture

At 12:32 PM 5/14/97 -0700, you wrote:
>If it is not one dxxm thing, it is another. I kept my
>VFT in the fridge for several months, got it out, set
>in on a west windowsill in the kitchen window right by
>the sink. It is doing great.
>
>HOWEVER, the kitchen is full of ANTS. It seems that the
>VFT is attracting them! So, in spite of the fact that I
>was really enjoying it, the VFT is now residing outdoors.
>

>Sara in Grants Pass, Oregon
Hi Sara, I'm curious about something. Were the ants attracted to the VFT
and ended up in the traps? Or the soil as a new home? Or the VFT as a new
grazing ground to take their aphids to? The answer to foiling the ants
might lie in discovering exactly what they were after.
Thanks,

John H. Phillips III e-mail:phillips@library.ucsf.edu
Interlibrary Loan Rm 202
Health Sciences Library