Re: Substitutes for Superthrive

From: Marie-Eve Charbonneau (charboma@ERE.UMontreal.CA)
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 07:38:22 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:38:22 -0400
From: Marie-Eve Charbonneau <charboma@ERE.UMontreal.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Substitutes for Superthrive

At 08:20 12/05/1997 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,>
>In Canada, I have had some difficulty finding superthrive in stores.
>Thus, I am wondering if human vitamins may be substituted. The pills
>contain the entire B complex, especially B1 (riboflavin which I am
>told is essential for Neph rooting) and some other stuff. Has anyone
>experimented with human vitamins?>thanks all
>
>adwait kulkarni

I will comment as a pharmacist: do not try with human vitamins. It may
contains a lot of ingredients that could be lethal to you plants like
lactose, flavoring agents etcetc. But I think that it is possible to by the
pure vitamin in powder form ( at least possible for a pharmacist .....if you
know what I mean....)

So let`s find what there is exacltly in that superthrive stuff and let`s try
to make some ! We could then distribute it to the rest of the gang, for the
cost only, of course !

As I don't know superthrive I am waiting for you to find me the list of
ingredients. Then I'll see....

A la prochaine
Marie-Eve in Montreal