N. Mirabilis

From: kamikaze (011114@hillstrath.on.ca)
Date: Tue May 13 1997 - 09:33:55 PDT

Date:          Tue, 13 May 1997 12:33:55 -0400
From: "kamikaze" <011114@hillstrath.on.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       N. Mirabilis

Dear List,

Sorry to post this here, I have been trying to reach Perry and for
some reason the message was sent back.

Dear Perry,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your generosity..it is greatly
appreciated. Yes, I do live in Canada, in the province of Ontario. I
have previously had friends send me plant material across the border.
To "Legally" ship plant material, you need to have expensive
Phytosanitary certificates....MESSY. I am not sure how much they cost
but I do know they are quite expensive probably somethings like $20-
30 US. While it may be worthwhile to purchase the certificates for
large orders, for one plant it means unnecessary hassles. Therefore,
most people, when dealing in small quantities, place the plants
loosely rooted in live sphagnum moss and ship in a box
padded with styrofoam....customs don't usually bother with those.
This is a convienient method if the plant you are shipping me is very
small. I will happily cover any expenses that you incurr. Please let
me know your snail mail and I'll mail the money to you.

Thanks again,

Adwait Kulkarni

Snail Mail:

RR#6 Powerline Road