VFT roots

From: Niels Asger Nielsen (NAN@HDC.HHA.DK)
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 04:48:38 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 13:48:38 +0200
From: NAN@HDC.HHA.DK (Niels Asger Nielsen)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFT roots

Dear list

Yesterday I repotted my month-old VFT seedlings (hi, Wim:) which have their
first two real leaves with tiny traps. I did it to speed up growth a bit
since repotted seedlings often grow better. I was surprised to see that the
good-looking albeit small seedlings had practically no roots formed - only
a small rosette (it was a bit difficult to replant the tiny seedlings when
they had no roots). Now I'm afraid to remove the plastic cover since they
must be using the humidity in the air when they don't have roots? How big
are VFT-seedlings before they develop roots and when would it be advisable
to repot them?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Niels

Niels Asger Nielsen