Re: Cultivation help

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Sat May 10 1997 - 16:10:30 PDT

Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 16:10:30 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cultivation help

MARK POGANY wrote:

> looked healthy and had small lower pitchers on each leaf. I have since
> repotted each into 5 inch plastic pots with fibrous peat and a top
> dressing of live sphagnum. They now reside in one of my 20 gallon
> aquarium tanks under lights and are standing in 2cm of distilled water.

 Mark,

 Its not a good idea to sit Nepenthes in water. It can cause them
to rot quickly. You are probably better off sitting them just above
the water level in your terrarium. The peat may make things worse
by holding too much water around the roots.

        Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !