Re:Welcome back Tom

From: Michael A Sankovich (aquilla2@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 18:27:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 21:27:13 EDT
From: aquilla2@juno.com (Michael A Sankovich)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Welcome back Tom

Glad to see that you are back on the page. Always look forward to your
contributions.

On the subject of sarrs. toppling. I put mine outside as early as
possible to harden them off, Just as tomato seedlings that are spindly
until they are exposed to the elements. I try to put the plants out as
soon as they start tho break dormancy. They are exposed to wind rain and
snow I lose some flower scapes but in general the plants develope strong
pitchers. Also most of the trumpets are growing through spangham and a
matrix of cranberry vines which act as a meshwork supporting the pitchers
in a more natural setting.
        Incidentally my coppertop 's first flower opened today inspite of
strong winds and an almost frost last night.

Happy growing
Michael Sankovich