CP Book- Opinions?

From: Jack Elder (jack.elder@vuw.ac.nz)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 18:59:45 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 13:59:45 +1200
From: Jack Elder <jack.elder@vuw.ac.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Book- Opinions?

Query: does anyone out there own a copy of Allen Swenson's book
"Cultivating Carnivorous Plants"? I've been offered a copy for US$40, and
I'm wondering whether or not I should buy it. It's a lot of money for me,
and I'm wondering if it's really worth it or not... Any general opinions
on this book? My CP library so far consists of Cheers' "Carnivorous
Plants" and the Pietrapaolo's "Carnivorous Plants of the World" (anyone
else noticed how boring the titling of cp books is?) ;) - given that, is it
worth my spending the money?

Any or all comments welcomed.

_
It is pernicious to think that the natural must be good, or that it must be
unavoidable. Everything that happens is natural, and much that happens is
avoidable. -Alan Gibbard