CP Emergeny Resuscitation

From: Chris.Beard@chirondiag.com
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 08:44:04 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 10:44:04 -0500
From: Chris.Beard@chirondiag.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Emergeny Resuscitation

Hi folks,

Had been checking the local Home Depots for the "Carnivore Mix" since posts
first started appearing on the list. One of the local HDs got 2 cases of the mix
within the past week. It was pretty sad. Of the remaining 30 or so pots most
were bone dry, rotted, VFT had leaves the height of the cups with a total width
of a tooth-pick (no light) and turning black from the bottom up. The VFTs were
beyond hope. Bought all salvagable survivors: 3 pings, 2 Droseras, 2 Nepenthes.
The Droseras are labeled rotundifolia, but are not (I think I remember seeing
this discussed on the list, what did others find they were?). The problem is the
Nepenthes. Never really had an interest in Neps, never planned on getting any,
so I don't have culture conditions and never really paid attention to
discussions on the list. Hence my suggestion:

Could someone knowledgable please post a set of emergency resuscitation
instructions for all the general subgroups of CP? We can check the books,
websites, archives, etc., but that will take some time. A quick, short paragraph
on how to do emergency salvage would help us get the plants onto the right foot
until specific permanent measures could be applied. This info could be put in
the archive, and could be sent to new folks that write in "I just rescued 3 CP
from the drug store because they were almost dead, what do I do?".

In the meantime could someone email me quick info on Neps so I don't kill them
before I get my act together?

Thanks

Chris Beard
chris.beard@chirondiag.com