Neps as hunters and VFT soil

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 11:37:11 PDT

Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 19:37:11 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Neps as hunters and VFT soil

To Lance:

I wouldn't imagine the results of letting my Neps outside at night here in
Belgium. Well, it's a burkei, but I wouldn't try if it will resist...

My S. purpurea get results at night, in summer, when I let it sleeping outside
to enjoy humidity, by catching night butterflies... These are big and stupid
enough to fall in the primitives pitchers. Others sarracenias catch flies,
ants and waspes for the rubra.

To Adwait:

I've grown some VFT's, some with normal earth, when I was young (they did
survive !), other in peat with sometimes sphagnum, sand... All seems working.
Pure peat is the easier solution.

Good growing

Laurent