black stuff/nepenthes

From: Christoph A. Belanger (burbidgea@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 05:58:49 PDT

Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 08:58:49 -0400
From: "Christoph A. Belanger" <burbidgea@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: black stuff/nepenthes

Dave,

<<Hi Christoph,

     I'm not sure, but it could some type of algae. Does it die
if keep from light?

Dave Evans>>

That was one thing that I thought it might be algea, and then I thought i=
might be bacteria. In any event, I don't know the answer to your questio=
n.
 I repotted everything since a few plants seemed to suffer. All pings ar=
better now. Thanks.

I have found that the rajah is a lot easier to grow than some of the N.
maxima I have tried. Just make sure you don't grow it too hot and too we=
t,
humidity is fine though.

Christoph