Re: Re: Nep Rajah cultivation

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 07:15:40 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Nep Rajah cultivation

> > > Unless you're into Nepenthes for the long haul, and have
> > > a _lot_ of patience, and have a well-controlled growing
> > > environment (greenhouse), my advice is:
> >
> > Well, I have a fast growing N.rajah that is sitting a zip-loc
> > bag. It seems very easy too grow to me...
>
> While I agree that N. rajah is not too difficult to grow I doubt that
> your plant really is a N. rajah. I never heared of a plant growing
> that fast. I would call it slow but not too difficult.
> Andreas

Andreas: I have heard from a few people that they grow highlands in either
cool greenhouses or in basement terrariums. Do you grow all of your TC Neps?
How do you handle your highland speices?

One reason I ask is because most Neps get pretty big eventually, and it is some
trouble to keep highlands in a terrarium after the first year or so.

Tom in Fl