S. leucophylla

From: Mark van Kleunen (M.vanKleunen@stud.biol.ruu.nl)
Date: Sat Apr 26 1997 - 06:05:37 PDT

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 15:05:37 +0200
From: Mark van Kleunen <M.vanKleunen@stud.biol.ruu.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: S. leucophylla

Dear cp-ers,

My Sarracenia leucophylla was sending up some new leaves after its winter
dormancy period. The leaves seemed to be developping in some nice pitchers,
but to my dismay te tops of the pitchers became wringled and had some brown
spots.
Does anyone know what may be the cause?
The plant is standing in a south-facing window in a medium of
peat/sphagnum/sand, and standing in a tray filled with one cm of rainwater.

Fortunately there is also a nice development in my cp-collection. In one of
my pots two Drosera plantlets emerged. First I thought it were D. capensis
seedlings sown by neighbouring plants last summer. But now I think it are D.
rotundifolia plants, which I didn't have in my collection. Probably the
seeds were present in the Sphagnum moss I am using.

Nice growing,

Mark