Introduction and a question

From: MARK POGANY (MARKP@CRSCMS.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 22:15:27 PDT

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:15:27 -0400
From: MARK POGANY <MARKP@CRSCMS.COM>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction and a question

Hi all fellow CP'ers!
My name is Mark Pogany and I have been growing CP's for the past decade
or so. Lately I've been adding to my plant collection by way of growers
on the internet. I currently have upwards of 100 plants consisting of
Sarracenia, Pinguicula,Drosera,and Dioneae. Most of my tropical and
sub-tropical species are grown in 30 gallon fish tanks in my basement
under lights and temperate species on the south windowsills and
outdoors(S. Purpurea forms only). I live in the northern part of the
state of Ohio where winters can get pretty harsh. Most anything
remaining outdoors from November to March are given a good 8" mulch of
pine needles. My Purpureas are just now "waking up" out there.
For several years now I have been trying to grow Darlingtonia outdoors
with NO success. Most of them die before summer gets underway. Can
anyone out there give me some advice concerning cultivation methods? I'm
trying to find a way to keep the root system cool while giving them some
sun at the same time.
Thanks and a rewarding growing season to all!
Mark Pogany
markp@crscms.com