All kinds of stuff-

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 1997 - 20:29:00 PDT

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 23:29:00 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: All kinds of stuff-

  My D. adelae flowers are starting to bloom! I guess this plant loves
the Condo it's in because it just keeps getting bigger and bigger
everyday! The Flowers are not your typical drosera flower (at least,
from the few other drosera families I've seen in flower). They have
flat red (apple) petals, thin green sepals and a green center. The
petals are very pointy, and overall, the flowers look like miniature
stars. I think these flowers are pretty, actually. (Ok- maybe Ping
flowers are nicer, but this adelae flower looks like something from Star
Trek!) The plant(s) continue to send up flower scapes, and the peat
I've got them in must have had loads of gnat eggs in it because every
morning the plant's traps are full of them! (The Mutt Ping is enjoying
this, too)

  On the white webbing or fuzz some have reported, I saw this in the
carnivore Condo in it's first week; I thought it was some sort of
fungus- it wasn't near any of the CP, so I drenched it with distilled
water, then let more air circulate thru the terrarium. The white fuzz
was gone in a day or two, and "grass" has sprouted in its place. (Very
short wide blades) I think it may have been the germination of the
seeds of whatever this grass is that caused the white fuzz.

  The Klima-Gro project is on hold as they are inundated with orders and
have just completed a move to a new factory. The good news is, they are
starting a web-page to be fully operational in May. The page at this
point is just a little blurb, but it looks like it will be real nice
when it's completed. If you want to see this infant page, go to
www.Klimagro.com ("K", not "k").

  I'm thinking of getting a small refrigerator for wintering
dormancy-dependent CP... anyone else do this? Any recommendations on
make or model? My wife said it would be okay to put them in our regular
fridge, but I'm a big fat pig and I'd hate to share my food storage
space- even with CP!!! Actually, my biggest fear is that we would have
guests over who would pull a VFT out of it's slumber and chop it into a
salad (Russian dressing? or French?). Knowing me, I'd immediately
develop a taste for VFTs! I'd be kicked off of the list and get hostile
emails from all over the world. On the other hand, my Mutt Ping does
have a kind of lettuce look about it... hmm... nah, it would just stick
to the roof of your mouth.

Cheers,
Paul

--