Getting brave with my CPs

From: Sara A. Gardner (gardner@magick.net)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 16:08:36 PDT

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 16:08:36 -0700
From: gardner@magick.net (Sara A. Gardner)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Getting brave with my CPs

This is my second year into CPs. Decided to quit being "afraid"
to do anything with these strange critters and experiment a little.
Took the VFT out of the refrigerator and it is happily sitting on
the window sill above the kitchen sink, eating a slug. What is this
about cutting the flower buds off?

Took two of my sarracenia, which were duplicates, and set the pots
inside a bigger pot (for stability) and set it in the edge of our
pond (fairly large, ca 360,000 gal, full of large mouth bass). This
was about two weeks ago and they are doing great. The Sarracenia
leucophylla, especially, is gorgeous with red tracings around the white
parts of the pitcher. Today I took a Sarracenia rubra to join them.

Would any of the nepenthes like it outside?

Sara in Grants Pass, Oregon