Dangerous disease spreading?

From: PTemple001@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 16:30:31 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:30:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: PTemple001@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dangerous disease spreading?

Have I spotted the first symptoms of a growing disease. I guess it's almost
a virus.
All the CP digests are getting stuffed to the limit with mail replies that
are 50% or more composed of other people's earlier mails!!!

Arrowitis (multiple > or >>) is suddenly getting out of hand. Some recent
Digests were perfect examples, more than 50% of the content being repeated
from earlier mails.

We all need to repeat bits to show what we're replying to but I hope people
can take a bit of time to cut out all but the essential repitition.

I'm not against prose, attempts at humour or lengthy chat or even occassional
accidental maiols that copy everything, I just get tired of scrolling through
endless long repeats each Digest.

No discussion please!!! Either agree or disagree and act (or not act)
according to what you think, but without letting me know!!!!

Regards

Paul