Re: VFT Food!

From: Carl Strohmenger (HSC) (cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 02:54:08 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 05:54:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Carl Strohmenger (HSC)" <cstrohme@com1.med.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT Food!

Various people wrote:

> > Rene,
> > Try cutting up the slug and feeding several VFTs at a time. This way,
> > the slug will not craw out of the trap.
> > Charles
> I just gotta say this sounds pretty gross....blah!
>
> John in Phoenix

I do this all the time with grasshoppers. Cutting them in half reduces
the size ofthe foodstuff to a size that the VFTs and smaller pitchers can
handle while removing a nuisance pest from my yard. Of course, I've had
neighbors approach me and ask what I am doing as I go around the yard
with a plastic bag 'harvesting' my crop of grasshoppers. So far nobody
has called in the psychiatric workers.

- Carl