Re: propagating D. filif. tracii

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 16:08:00 PDT

Date:    Mon, 14 Apr 97 19:08 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: propagating D. filif. tracii

> From: Wim Leys <leyswi@LIN.VLAANDEREN.BE>
>
> I've been growing D. filiformis filiformis and D. filiformis tracii for
> a while. The filif*2 are doing fine, but I have only one tracii left as
> nearly all the gemmae of tracii rotted this spring (too cold during
> winter ?).
>
> Can anyone tell me how to (vegetatively) propagate D. filiformis tracii
> ? What might have gone wrong that all the gemmae rotted this spring ? I
> lost only a few filif*2.

Hi Wim,

    This is an old topic so I don't know if it was answered or not,
but... Perhaps you are keeping the tracyi gemmae in conditions that
are just a little too cool. They grow in Florida and enjoy very
warm temp's (90 or 100's) and long summers. Also, SuperThrive pro-
motes Drosera leaf cuttings.

Dave Evans