VFTs and slugs

From: Steven I. Lanham (Steven_I._Lanham@mailhost.bridge.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 02:59:04 PDT

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 02:59:04 -0700
From: Steven_I._Lanham@mailhost.bridge.com (Steven I. Lanham)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: VFTs and slugs

     Hello as a gardener/CP grower I was working in the strawberry patch
     and I found a nest?? of slugs I was about to kill them when I thought
     why not feed them to my VFTs. I then decided to experiment with them
     choosing 4 VFTs of the same size in two pots I fed one in each pot.
     Planing to keep it even I fed one trap one slug on each plant the
     other plant I fed I large sowbug. Checking them each day it was five
     days before I saw any thing out of the ordinary. The slug fed VFTs
     where exploding into growth the control plants had some growth too but
     on a much lower scale. When the traps opened it was impossible to
     remove the slug remains as they had stuck to the sides of the trap.
     Fearing fungus I removed the traps. To give to some back ground these
     plant had broken dormancy in early march and I had keep one trap fed
     at all times. It is my opinion that VFTs like slugs for dinner :-)
     As I am at war with slugs all summer long I plant to keep feeding them
     to my VFTs any one else have a what I fed my VFT story to share??
     Regards Steve Lanham